Showing all 6 results
Cedar Leaf£3.99 Add to cart
Mini White Sage Smudge Sticks x 2£9.99 Add to cart
Osha Root£9.99 Add to cart
Palo Santo Incense Sticks by Green Tree£1.50 Add to cart
Sage, Mugwort and Cedar Smudge Sticks£11.99 Add to cart
White Sage Sample Pack£1.50 Add to cart
Showing all 6 results
Smudging is an ancient and sacred ceremony, so it is best to do it with full awareness and in a slow, mindful manner. As even the happiest homes accumulate in time negative vibrations, it is good to smudge your home thoroughly at least several times a year. You can also smudge your office space (not during busy office hours!); as well as use smudging to clear your own energy or the energy of other people.
Here are simple instructions on how to do smudging, and then address the most common concerns with smudging a room or house. Other people may have their own preferences on how to do smudging and this is just one option.
Supplies You Need for Smudging Your House: Smudge stick, Candle & matches, A fireproof container
How To Smudge Your Room or House:
1. Place the candle, the fireproof container and the smudge stick on a table, desk or any other appropriate surface. It is best if you create a sense of ceremony when you smudge your house as well as find time when you will not be disturbed; 10-15 min should be enough.
2. Light the candle and say a prayer or just focus your energy. Light the tip of your smudge stick with a candle light, then gently wave the stick in the air till the tip begins to smoulder.
3. Hold the smudge stick over the fireproof container such as an abalone shell or small plate/dish at all times in order to avoid any lit herbs falling on the floor. You can use a feather, if you have one, but usually just gently waving your hands to disperse the smoke is enough. Remind yourself to stay connected to your breathing throughout your smudging session.
4. Go clockwise around your house (usually starting at the front door), and gently wave the smoke into the air. Spend a bit more time smudging the room corners, as they tend to accumulate stagnant energy. Be sure to also open the closet doors and carefully smudge inside. Do not forget about spaces such as the utility room, the garage or the basement.
5. When you have smudged all areas of your house, come back to where you started and gently extinguish your smudge stick (dipping it into sand while applying a bit of pressure usually works well). Wait a bit, then pack your smudge stick, as well as the container, till your next smudging session. You can leave the candle, if you so desire, to continue to purify the energy.